To be support blogging activities of health, wellness, and fitness information, baileydawn.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Always check with your doctor before beginning any nutrition or exercise program.
Cooking healthy doesn’t need to be boring! Any chance I can cook on the grill or over a fire, I am all about that extra flavor! Pair this with healthy couscous and enjoy!
This is a simple recipe, but have fun and make it your own by using different vegetables or even adding hot sauce!
Time: About 25 minutes preparing and 15-18 minutes in the broiler.
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces. *Note thighs are higher in fat.
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Actually, use whatever vegetables you want including onions, peppers, mushrooms… have fun!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional if counting fat)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for at least 10 minutes. Heat broiler or grill.
- Season the chicken with the paprika and cumin. Thread onto the skewers with your vegetables of choice. Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with the oil and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. On a rimmed baking sheet, broil the kebabs, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes.
You can also use whole sweet peppers like shown above! Have fun and be as creative as you want!
*Please note if using chicken thighs vs chicken breast, that thighs have higher fat content when counting macro’s.